A Pi-Eyed Friday Afternoon at the Haikulodeon

Here’s this week’s heap of haikus:

Once a year, Pi day
comes around. It should be squared.
But never mind that.

( 3-14 is Pi day. )

The bare trees seem poised,
waiting for Spring to arrive.
Spring is running late.

Puddles ripple at
the edge of a lonely street.
Intermittent rain.

What colors my sky
are emotional shades of
a diverse palette.

A new moon will shine
on an old village square, and
make it young again.

(I originally wrote piazza rather than village square, but too many people mis-read it as pizza.)

A moonlit whisper,
two lovers in silhouette;
gentle affection.

A tiny sparrow
is chased by a feisty pup
pulling a young girl.

Happiness is not
a station you arrive at,
it’s the train you’re on.

A tangle of trees
may clutter the morning sky
but happily so.

Double haiku:

The first workday of
Daylight Savings resumes my
breath-taking rides home.

Dusk on the Hudson,
clouds glow o’er the Palisades,
lights blink on the bridge.

—-

to smell the roses.

Thanks to Kristina Rebelo for the use of her photograph

Sitting in the shade
in the afternoon, ladies
leisurely texting.

(  Monet – The Park )

The green glow of night,
a downtown drenched in fog, an
escape by subway

( NYC City Hall – 1907 )

^The 3rd Annual Best Medicine Night of Comedy to Benefit the Spondylitis Association of America will be held on May 30th, 2014 at the world famous Comic Strip Live in New York City.  I will once again be co-producing the event.  More info to follow.

This entry was posted in The Haikulodeon. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to A Pi-Eyed Friday Afternoon at the Haikulodeon

1. trkingmomoe says:

Reblogged this on Once Upon a Paradigm and commented:
    Here is Mr. Smith for another Friday batch

2. trkingmomoe says:

You need to use some tags so people can find you on the reader. You can go back and edit this. You will find a category and tag box on the right side. Put in the tag box with a comma between them. Poem, Poetry, Haiku, Creative Writing, This way the people who use their reader to find new stuff that they like to read. Also add these to your catagories and then check the box beside them. This will get you on the reader. Being Uncatergized is like being in a black hole.

One other thing you need to add a follow box on the left. You find that in the dashboard under Appearance, then Widgets You will have to drag and drop the follow by email widget to the template on the right and drop it in the place you want it. I would put it at the top of the list. There are other nice widgets that you might like also on that page.

The follow button lets people get an email when you post your friday haiku. Let me know if you need help with this in the comments. I should get the comment in my email.

3. trkingmomoe says:

Oh I am not trying to be bossy but also make categories for your spondi group, love, winter,spring, summer, fall, different holidays. What every your haiku is about. Make a tag for your spondi group when you have news about them. I have been editing my posts for the menu I have been building on my home page. I have had to add each one to the new recipe category. My old theme was low tech and they don’t offer it anymore and I needed a home page and that theme didn’t support it.. I went to 2014 theme.a couple of weeks ago and I am still working on it and finding out things I didn’t know. Now I am getting around a 100 views a day. I also have over 250 people that follow me. I think your haiku is better then the others here on wordpress and well done.

• mrsmith2 says:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I sometimes don’t pay enough attention to things like that. As for “Bossy” I was told recently that in no uncertain terms, it is not pejorative, but rather simply a synonym for leadership. This opinion was offered to me by a woman trying to convince herself that she was okay with being called “bossy.” She made sure I read a quote from Amy Poehler about the word, and basically insinuated that I did not know what I was talking about when I expressed sadness that it was used in a pejorative way towards women. Here’s my take on the word: Bossy is not a synonym for being a leader, it is a synonym for being a selfish person who has a need to control others. Changing the context in which you hold it, does not change the meaning of the word. The sad fact is, it is a word that men who are threatened by women use to demean and dismiss them. Women who choose to embrace the word and assign a positive, yet incorrect meaning to it, do not change the reason some men use the term to describe women. They are trying to change the wrong end of the telescope, so to speak. The proof is that if you change the sex involved and describe men as bossy, it’s still not a good and desirable trait. Good leaders are not bossy. Bossy people are not good leaders. So, please don’t hesitate to offer me advice. I will not think you are being bossy. 😉

4. trkingmomoe says:

LOL…Any whooo… the tags and categories are the most important because they will also help people find you even in a google search. I will get you reblogged this week to my site. After I did paradigm, it would not let me reblog you a second time. So Friday I will reblog to me first then try paradigm. See I am still learning too.